every other orange


« Home | visitor » | kitty » | costumes » | ...why not? » | Yatzee! » | the family » | brunette » | i missed you too Beau » | Baby Cat » | snow!! »

the first dinner

When I moved into my van I started getting really into cooking and that has only grown since I moved out. Now that I have my own place I've started to invite people over for dinner. Tonight was a delicious salad and a peanut tofu stir-fry. I had a request for the salad recipe ... so here it is. Like just about everything I make, I really have no idea how much of anything I put in, but I think my guesses are close. Youll have to play with the dressing a little to get it right.

Raspberry Vinegarette:
1 1/2 cups spoon crushed raspberries
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
35 sprays Bragg Liquid Aminos
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
table spoon lime juice
table spoon honey

-a whisk was helpful to mix it all together and remove some of the extra pulp

Salad:
Honey Roaster Pecans (Pecans drizzled with a healthy amount of honey and some cinnamon - hand mixed and roasted at 350 for 15 minutes - sprinkle with some brown sugar while cooling)
Pickled Beets
Dried Cranberries
Baby Spinach


hope that helps and let me now if you run into any problems!

2 Responses to “the first dinner”

  1. # Blogger Wasatch Girl

    You even roasted the pecans? Man... I missed out.  

  2. # Blogger twisted-yarns

    It's a good thing for you that you live so far away or I would be at your door for dinner.... often! Yummmmmmmm.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 every other orange | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.