every other orange


into the vacuum



I've had a friend visiting me from Denver this last week and have had every excuse to climb almost everyday. Today we drove down to American Fork Canyon (a short 40 minute drive when the guide book tells you the correct exit to take). After an interesting journey up a couple of wrong trails, we made it up to Hard Rock Wall. We decided to warm up on a fun looking 5.9... failing to notice that it had been baking in the sun all day long. I made it up to the second bolt of the incredibly greasy climb before I lost my courage and climbed my way down and bailed on the lead. Thankfully we found some stellar rountes in the shade first on the South Hard Rock Wall and then on Escape Buttress. I lead my way up a 5.7 and 5.8, then followed a couple 5.10s. It was a great day and I'm so happy that I've decided to get back on the ropes! I can't wait to get my endurance back... and my head :)

1 Responses to “into the vacuum”

  1. # Blogger Wasatch Girl

    Cool... I like the Hard Rock wall and was also scared down off of a lead. The route was Juggernaut. The route was completely juggy and then all of a sudden they just disappeared for the crux. Yep, I was a little scared.  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


XML

Powered by Blogger

based on a

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 every other orange | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.