every other orange


the sea reflecting the sand


I've had a pretty harsh couple weeks, mostly because of money. And as lame of a reason as that is, money really does rule my world. I have really been trying to at least eliminate one bill, but it seams like even that is beyond me. If it isn't things like an unexplainable check engine light or cracking a tooth in half (yeah yeah, there is still a hole and I have 3 more baby teeth without adults beneath them) it is things like my recent mishap.

I guess I can't really call it recent when it happened months (ss) ago... but when I was in Joe's last Spring (?...) I happened to take a fall, onto a soft pad. The pad was so soft that, although it tried, it did nothing to stop my tail bone from making direct contact with a big ole rock. Thankfully, after the 4 hour, excruciating drive home, I didn't really have to sit any more. I had thought that I had only severely bruised myself. It wasn't until after I accepted a sit down job that I discovered otherwise. Last month my insurance kicked in and an x-ray discovered that I had actually broken my tailbone. The unfortunate part, is that it is still at a funky angle, and is unable to heal.

If I were a guy, I could have it fused in a relatively safe procedure and say "hello new sitting world"... but I'm not. In an effort to have my would, could, maybe children (in 10 years) and not live in fear of work, travel and general relaxation time, I have decided to have the broken part removed. Although my doctor has explained that the surgery can be pretty dangerous (eek!), the above reasons seem pretty good to me. So, I am now preparing myself for a period of even greater debt. At least I will be able to sit after this one.

1 Responses to “the sea reflecting the sand”

  1. # Blogger jessica

    heya, glad you're still on the road. i've got a bit of a city-girl life going up here in vancouver now. hope the tailbone surgery goes well, and the puppy looks so grown up!!
    take care! :)  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


XML

Powered by Blogger

based on a

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 every other orange | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.