every other orange


whiskey breakfast

I had a great 4th of July weekend! Right after work, Josh, Beau and I drove up into the La Sal Mountains (a very short 45 minute drive) . A found a gorgeous camping spot next to the river. The plan was for a restful weekend, full of hikes and my first climbs since surgery.


The first night we went for a hike around our camp site and saw a bunch of possible climbing spots (we have hopes to checkout at least a couple of them this summer) and got to see a little more of the La Sals than I had before. They really are a beautiful mountain range: small and compact, but full of green vegetation, really tall aspen groves, and lots and lots of rock! The temps were also amazing (70s during the day), especially when compared to the furnace that is Moab!
After hiking, we decided to celebrate the 4th with smores! I hadn't had smores in... a long time, and they were thoroughly enjoyed.



On Saturday, we went for another hike (to Clark Lake) and then hiked down into Millcreek Canyon to try climbing again. I was a little nervous that the harness situation would hurt my butt (especially if I fell), but I really didn't feel any pain! It was great being able to climb again after such a long recovery, but I was quickly tired and out of strength. We called it a day somewhat early , and I found myself wishing that the sun would set faster so that I could go to bed already!


Oh, and fetch was also played.

1 Responses to “whiskey breakfast”

  1. # Blogger kzooexpat

    yeah for climbing again  

Post a Comment


Web This Blog


XML

Powered by Blogger

based on a

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 every other orange | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.