every other orange


strange times


Yesterday afternoon we had a wonderful storm with tons of rain! The streets outside my apartment flooded and I took a break from working to frolic in the stream. Most people were hunkered down under the awnings, but there were a few boys standing on the edge of the sidewalk, egging on the cars to drive faster and closer, so as to get a bigger splash. I joined in for awhile... it was tons of fun :)


Unfortunately, during the storm, some lightning struck about a mile north of downtown and started a fire. I first noticed the huge pillars of smoke a few hours later while on the way to the grocery store, and I had to get a better look.


Moab was pretty lucky that the lightning struck just outside downtown and in the middle of the wetlands, otherwise the fire could have been much worse. It was kind of fun watching the helicopters circle between the river and the fire to try and contain it. Thankfully it was stopped before it caught the closest houses.

2 Responses to “strange times”

  1. # Blogger Spencer the Bomb Diggity

    Moab? Ha! Looks like New Zealand to me!

    Oh man I was so bummed, i did not think of taking a 15-er while the rain was dumping. Such a bone head. I should have gone swimming out there. The floods were pretty crazy up here in slc.  

  2. # Blogger Wasatch Girl

    Wow... that is some intense rain! And crazy about the fire...  

Post a Comment



© 2006 every other orange | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.