every other orange


torrid zone

Moab is HOT! It has now been hovering at 100 for at least a month, and I am pretty tired of it. I would really like to be getting back in shape from all my after surgery nothingness, but it just isn't happening. Trail Running is pretty out of the question, but I have managed to go a couple times on the cloudy days. We thankfully, have 2 millcreeks very close and have been using them to the fullest! The first has an excellent couple of swimming holes, and the second is in the La Sal Mountains.


Last weekend Josh and I drove up into the La Sals to escape to cooler temps and went on some really awesome hikes. The first was an exploration of the climbing area, Millcreek, where we found a pretty awesome side canyon, this gorgeous waterfall, and many more amazing routes.


We also did some climbing, starting with the standard warm up above, and progressing on to some new stuff. Millcreek doesn't have a guidebook, so you either have to happen on people that know what the climb is rated (doesn't happen often) or take your best guess, so we soon learned just how deceiving easy the climbs can look. Even though we had to bail off of one, we didn't lose any gear, and it was still tons of fun.


We also went on a nice hike up from our campsite, which gave us a quick lesson in altitude... The views of the valley were amazing though, and the silence was very welcome. I'm headed up to Salt Lake next weekend for the OR Show and I'm pretty excited for the change of pace.

1 Responses to “torrid zone”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & aid different customers like its helped me. Great job.

    Here is my web site cservers.cz  

Post a Comment



© 2006 every other orange | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.