every other orange


and now the rest

I am now in the library, using one of the public computers because I don't want to go home and use mine. Something is definatly wrong with that... but I don't feel like getting into it yet. It might help if everyone hoped for me that this crap gets worked out soon. I hope to get an actual space of my own soon and am hopefully checking out yet another van tomorrow.

Anyways... I've been having a good time since i last posted. On Wednesday I went up the third flatiron with Justin and Ethan. It was quite easy, but there is almost no protection... the people soloing it seem to have the best idea of how to climb it. We climbed up as the sun was setting and rapelled down in the dark. It wasn't nearly as bad as the Castleton event, but we did get the ropes stuck for quite some time, and the 'trail' down would not have been much fun had I not brought my headlamp....but I did learn my lesson.
Directly after the third I went to the spot to meet up with Andy, Gabe and Natasha. I didn't climb too much because I was already pretty tired, but it was still fun.
Friday and Saturday I felt rather sick so there was no climbing (well I did spend about an hour at the spot). I did finish Memoirs of a Geisha though. It was an excellent book and I would recommend it highly. And...if you have read it and liked it...Geisha of Gion and this other book that I will remember the title of later are also great. I am now reading A Feast for Crows... the very long awaited fourth in A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.
On Sunday Andy, Gabe and climbed Ant Hill Direct in Eldo. It was a really great climb but it was so freaking cold! We were all cursing the temperature by the time we got off the rock.
And last, but certainly not least, I went for a hike with Justin this morning and just finished climbing at the Spot with Natasha... I am looking forward to more great climbing later in the week :)

0 Responses to “and now the rest”

Post a Comment



© 2006 every other orange | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.