every other orange


Where's Karl?

Karl Meltzer, ultra runner extraordinaire, started his run of the Appalachian Trail today. The goal is to beat the current speed record of 47 days, 13 hours and 31 minutes. He is definitely well qualified for this attempt, as he has won 23 100 mile races and 49 ultra-marathons (yeah, I said that he won all those). I was lucky enough to be one of the few chosen to support his run as part of his crew. On August 27th, I'll fly over to meet up with him and stay for a week. During that week, I will help cook, drive, clean, do laundry, take pictures, blog and do whatever else is needed to get him on the trail and keep him going happily.



I asked Karl if he was nervous before he left, and his response was, "What should I be nervous about? I get to run all day supported, nothing better than that!" I think I can relate to that (just replace run with climb). I'll definitely be watching Karl's progress on the site until I get to leave and I'm sure he would appreciate any ones good wishes and support!

Check out the article on his run in the Salt Lake Tribune, too! The picture is from the Where's Karl Flickr page.

0 Responses to “Where's Karl?”

Post a Comment



© 2006 every other orange | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.