every other orange


a circular motion


Josh dragged me out to Long Canyon a couple weekends ago. I had been resisting the charms of this canyon for quite awhile. I had thought that I was tired of trad, and didn't want to do a long approach with a bunch of metal on my back... but those reasons seem silly now. It was one of the most gorgeous canyons that I had been in, and the one route that we got in before the rain was amazing! I re-realized that I love crack climbing, especially splitters, and can't wait to get back up there!

I've been really struggling with my mood lately, feeling that I'm constantly on the tipping point between great, and really bad day. I've been blessed with an incredibly busy job (that is a blessing considering the current market possibilities), but my patience was drained months ago. One of the biggest lessons that I took away from my time traveling in the van was how to cope with and enjoy a slow, boring day, and learn to relax and go with that flow. Now that I am back in insanely busy stress, I need to learn to take that lesson to the rest of life, and relax amid craziness.

0 Responses to “a circular motion”

Post a Comment



© 2006 every other orange | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.